Labels

Friday, August 2, 2013

THE FATHER'S UNDYING LOVE FOR ME

During my daily commute, I see scenarios play out before my very eyes; some of which I can interpret to line up with some of my life experiences. Today, a very touching scenario played out before me and its one I'll like to share.

Peak time this morning on my way to university, a father and his little son of about 1+yr had nowhere to sit on the DLR train as it was packed full so they stood at a corner and decided to play games on their iPad. Dad crouched behind his son so he can play with him and hold him through the many jerks and swerves we were bound to experience on the journey. I was in complete awe of what I was seeing and God used the time to speak to me about certain things.

Occasionally, the little boy will get frustrated about not being able to touch the right things on the screen or mistakenly closing the page and his dad will patiently guide his fingers back on track. He looked like he completely trusted his dad with his little finger as he held on to it to help the wee one push the correct buttons.  I did not realise that I had tears welling up in my eyes from watching this scenario. Anyone would've thought I am a sore looser from looking at me well up in public but it was because God seized that moment to speak to me and open my  eyes to His undying love for me! its amazing that God can use any situation to speak to us! It was at the moment that became aware of how God relates to me.

God humbled Himself by"coming down to my level" just to have fellowship with me whilst guiding and shielding me just like this father had crouched behind his son. I am the one who should be reaching out to Him yet He forwent His heavenly abode for a mere sinner like . He desires communication with me and He sees my frustration when my "little fingers" aren't pressing the right buttons in life" and He patiently guides me and instructs me on the path of unrighteousness. You would think I should trust a faithful Father as Him but unlike that little boy,I still doubt my heavenly father and would rather be in charge of my "finger" than completely entrust it to Him. I am not alone. There are many like me all over the globe.

On reflection, I realised that it is true that if I don't possess a child-like mind, it would be difficult to make heaven. The innocence, the trust, the clear conscience that is so easily lost as we become older!
Why is it so difficult? considering He created me anyway for His purpose and pleasure? Lord, help me trust you.

No comments: